We’re On a Mission (Statement)
We’ve been talking a lot lately about The Aurum, our brand new membership and learning community. We think it’s really special and unique—built around online and in-person components, incorporating a small but connected community with personal support, and with a brand new course each and every month—and we’re really excited to be able to support more people who might not be in the market for our one-on-one services.
We’ve actually been hard at work on The Aurum for at least six months now, which means we’ve had plenty of time to decide on the very best place to start teaching about our approach to marketing.
At least six months to decide on the most compelling, important, eye-catching topic. The one people would be most excited to dive into.
And we landed on…writing your Mission and Vision Statements.
Kind of anticlimactic. More like business coaching than marketing. And certainly not as catchy as “Increase Your Ad Spend ROI!” or “5 Blog Posts Guaranteed to Boost Your Sales!”
So why did we choose to start here?
Well, how about 5 Reasons Your Mission and Vision Statements Matter? We think:
- There’s a lot of foundational mindset work that goes into effective marketing. And the very first step in that is recognizing that you are in control of the direction your business takes, not your clients. No direction, no clarity. No clarity, no sales. You’re forever stuck in a loop of filling your schedule with work you didn’t choose just because it pays the bills, with no plan to ever break the cycle. (Which is a quick way for the cycle to break you.)
- Running a values-based business means being connected with your work on a deeper level than just checking boxes and tracking metrics. Want to increase your impact and stay enthusiastic about the work you’re doing? You have to acknowledge what matters most to you.
- A Vision Statement guides everything you do. It’s the foundation of your business plan (which, uh, is critical if you want your business to be successful). It tells you everything you need to know about reaching your goals, which, in turn, tells you everything you need to know about conveying your goals to the clients who will enthusiastically help you reach them.
- Great marketing is all about clarity. “I do this for these people. If that’s you, let’s talk.” One of the biggest mistakes we see business owners making is failing to offer that clarity, which means the people who need them most never figure it out.
- Establishing your Mission and Vision Statements helps you figure out what sets you apart from others in your market. And being able to call that out makes for some seriously memorable marketing. Are you the rapping granny of candle-makers? The introvert whisperer of life coaches? The corporate gift box curator with an eye for indie artwork? This is what gets you remembered.
So yes, your Mission and Vision Statements are all about your business—but they’re also the first step in building a marketing plan that truly connects. (And yes, in The Aurum, we’ll be helping you to make that transition from “This is what I do” to “And here is why you should hire me to do it.”)
Whether you’ve been in business for five minutes or five years, there’s a very good chance your business could use this particular brand of clarity. And that is why we chose to start here. It’s the quickest, most impactful way to build an authentic marketing plan that fosters connection with your Right Person, which is the foundation of our “no more bro marketing” philosophy.
It feels good. It’s true to who you are. And it works.
We’d love to have you join us in The Aurum—and yes, we truly do believe that each and every course we’ll be teaching has the possibility to increase your business income by far more than the cost of your membership (if you need those numbers to help you make your decision).
But most of all, we think you’re going to find it as delightful as we do. That it’s going to bring you clarity and ease and a sense of direction and control over where your business is heading—and the Right People you want to bring along with you as you go.
Want to learn more? Check out The Aurum here: https://dossieragency.com/services/the-aurum/
And, as always, we’re here if you have any questions.